Sunday, 15 May 2011

Photography and what it means to me!

As many of you already know, I have a love for photography. I was about 10 when my parents bought me my first camera. I can remember even back in those early years, having a fascination with scenery shots. When I was 12, my parents took me on a trip to New Brunswick and I can still remember the feeling I had when my dad took me down to this old Pier and I shot photos of the waves crashing on the rocks. When I got home, I was so excited to use my allowance to go out and develop the film and buy picture frames. 
I never lost that passion and as I grew older, my love for photography has grown. I love the memories, happiness and often laughter that looking over old photos sparks inside me. 

There have been many wonderful moments that I have shared with family and friends that I have captured in photos. I know that often times I have been known as the girl who is always taking pictures. But to me, as time wears on and our memories fade, there is no better way to recapture those emotions and relive those great times than through a photograph.

I never really looked at photography as a hobby, it was just something I had always done. Through the years, I had always wanted a really good camera, but I could never really justify spending the money, so I always had just your standard snap n shoot. Then a little while back I had a moment with a random stranger and her words have changed my outlook. So I went out and bought a camera and I joined the Airdrie Arts Society. Through the ARTS I have been able to meet many talented Artists of all genres. But in particular, I met another photographer who has kindly started mentoring me. It has been amazing and I have already learned so much but I know there is still so much more to learn and I am looking forward to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment